Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about GDB and debugging

From: Pink Boy
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about GDB and debugging
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:22:19 -0800 (PST)

Joerg sez,

>AVR-GDB is usable.  You need a so-called proxy process that links the ICE to GDB, this one is calle AVaRICE.

Okay I'll try and see if I can get it to work on Codelite.

>The latest release of AVaRICE doesn't support the JTAGICE3 yet, but I've been working hard lately to add support for it.  By now, it's
only present in the development (SVN) version but all my recent tests ran pretty well.

That's good to know.

Also anyone have any interest in CodeLite or CodeBlocks as debuggers?  They are both open source, cross platform and have things like code completion and project management but are still very light weight.

Matt