[avr-gcc-list] Using Named Address spaces.

From: Thomas, George
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Using Named Address spaces.
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:53:37 +0000

Hi,

I was trying to use the named address spaces to use the complete flash space.

eg.
const int __flash2  k = 20;
int l = 10;

int main () {

const int __memx *ramVar = &k;
ramVar = &l;
return (*ramVar);
}

When I checked the linker scripts, all __flashN's are going into the same location.

In this case ramVar will be set appropriately only if the linker puts __flash2
in the the third page.

Are there any issues in fixing these in the linker scripts ?

Also saw some discussion in the list regarding the same.
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avr-gcc-list/2012-12/msg00038.html
but could not find any patches in trunk.

-George-