Re: [avr-gcc-list] [RFC] Device specific linker scripts

From: Dhakshinamoorthy, Soundararajan
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [RFC] Device specific linker scripts
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 06:00:56 +0000

Hi,

The way i conveyed the problem might be misleading, i guess. The originial idea
is to make device support easier.  This concept of supplementry linker
configuration file will augemnet the main linker script with necessary device
specific information, which will always be one per device. Such a file can also
suppliment the information that gcc currently passes to the linker i.e -Tdata
<section-start>.
This patch is a step towards achieving this. If you have ideas for making
device support easier, i would be interested to discusss them as well.

Thanks,
Soundararajan