[avr-gcc-list] Possible minor bug

From: Eric Tang
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Possible minor bug
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 18:09:54 -0700

Hi avr-gcc mailing list,

I think I have discovered a minor bug. I get the "initializer element is not constant" error when I try to compile the following code with avr-gcc. If I remove the cast, the code compiles without issue. However, its presence does not cause a similar error when I try to compile the code with Clang or with arm-none-eabi-gcc, leading me to believe that there is in fact a bug and that it is specific to avr-gcc.

struct color {
    uint8_t r;
    uint8_t g;
    uint8_t b;
color = (struct color){ 255, 255, 255 };

Thanks,
Eric