avr-libc-dev

[avr-libc-dev] [bugs #4101] setjmp/longjmp destroy changes in global reg

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #4101] setjmp/longjmp destroy changes in global registers
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:20:34 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: AVR C Runtime Library.

[bugs #4101] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Eric Weddington <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Fri 01/07/2005 at 19:08 (America/Denver)

Is there a simple test case for this? Or, better still, is there a patch that
fixes the problem?

We'd really like to get this one fixed....

[bugs #4101] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: AVR C Runtime Library
Submitted by: 0
On: Wed 06/25/2003 at 20:57

Category:  Library
Severity:  7 - Major

Original Submission:     A prologue/epilogue of function, in which there is a
call setjmp(), contains preservation/restoration of all call-saved registers.
Exception make function main() and global register variables.
   Nevertheless, setjmp/longjmp too keeps/restores registers r2-r17.
Restoration of local variables after operation longjmp(), certainly is
pleasant, but it is no necessary. But loss of changes in global registers,
in my opinion, is inadmissible.

   avr-gcc (GCC) 3.3.1 20030519 (prerelease)
   avr-libc-20030422cvs

Follow-up Comments

Date: Fri 01/07/2005 at 19:08       By: Eric Weddington <arcanum>
Is there a simple test case for this? Or, better still, is there a patch that
fixes the problem?

We'd really like to get this one fixed....

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=4101>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/