avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #4101] setjmp/longjmp destroy changes in global

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #4101] setjmp/longjmp destroy changes in global registers
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:19:40 +0100

As Paul Schlie wrote:

> Then you may want to tweak the formatting used in the bug tracking log:
>
>  -------------------------------------------------------
>  Date: Sun 01/16/05 at 18:30         By: Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch>

Sorry, this is outside my domain.

But you're right, I've opened a savannah bug tracker item for it.
Also, the time stamp missed a timezone specification (and preferrably,
it should go in UTC there).

> (I too prefer 2005-01-10, as it sorts alphabetically ascending)

Yep, that's another advantage.

> > No, the latest patch worked only for GCC < 3.4.x, so we can by now
> > only document the current behaviour.

> Is it possible you've got this backward? As I understand it, the fix
> is appropriate for all newer releases GCC >= 3.4, ...

According to my own test with Dmitry's script, and to Dmitry himself,
alas no.  It worked for his 3.3.x GCC, while it breaks on my 3.4.1,
and Dmitry noticed then it also breaks on a pre-4.x snapshot.

I would have loved to see it the other way 'round, too.