avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] bootloader assembly code not loading in debug format

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] bootloader assembly code not loading in debug format
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:02:16 -0600

Naval Shah wrote:

Hi,
I have tried using the code given in the avr-libc manual (FAQ question 17)
to set up the bootloader section and put the boot_test function into the
section. What happens is that when I load the .hex file into AVR Studio 4
(latest version) the code in the bootloader is filled in with what I wanted.
However, if I load the elf or coff file, there is just FFFF in all the
bootloader code.
This is an AVR Studio problem with ELF files: it currently doesn't load any other code section other than .text, so it won't load a .bootloader section for example. You'll have to talk to Atmel directly to find out when this will get fixed.

Eric