avr-libc-dev

[avr-libc-dev] [patch #7467] Add support for c++ new and delete operator

From: Bradley Jarvis
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #7467] Add support for c++ new and delete operators
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 03:31:50 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #7467 (project avr-libc):

I say yes, but I am biased. It would save me having to add my patch every time
I update avrlibc. And since I use gentoo it would be a bit of a pain to do
this for each update (I currently compile/install avrlibc manually).

c++ support is also mentioned in the avrlibc FAQ, which technically is a gcc
issue since that is where libstdc++ resides.

At the end of the day all it does is add an extra feature avr gcc support that
if not wanted can be compiled out (simply compile library without c++
support).

The C++ support added to the avrlibc compilation files has been done in a
standard way too (not just a hack fix) even if the patch in itself is a hack
fix.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7467>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/