[avrdude-dev] AVR910 and the mega32

From: apeter
Subject: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 and the mega32
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:41:04 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

when I switched to a new project with an mega32 I got problems with my
avr910 programmer.

1.) I invoke avrdude with avrdude -pm32 -cavr910 -Pcom2 -t to get into
terminal mode. First error: the device signature is displayed as 0x02951e istead
of 0x1e9502.

2.) If I try to read or programme lfuse, hfuse or lock I get the following
error:
avrdude> dump lock
>>> dump lock
error reading lock address 0x00000 of part ATMEGA32
read operation not supported on memory type "lock"
avrdude>

3.) If I try to programme the flash (avrdude -pm32 -cavr910 -Pcom2 -i
file.hex -fi) avrdude displays the wrong signature (0x02951e) starts to programm
and quits with mismatch errors. The Byte younter is not running like with the
stk200 programmer. The verification in terminal mode shows an empty flash.

My PC runs under Windows 2000.

Does somebody need further input on this?

Alexander