Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 and the mega32

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR910 and the mega32
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, address@hidden wrote:

:)Hello,
:)
:)when I switched to a new project with an mega32 I got problems with my
:)avr910 programmer.
:)
:)1.) I invoke avrdude with avrdude -pm32 -cavr910 -Pcom2 -t to get into
:)terminal mode. First error: the device signature is displayed as 0x02951e
istead
:)of 0x1e9502.
:)
:)2.) If I try to read or programme lfuse, hfuse or lock I get the following
:)error:
:)avrdude> dump lock
:)>>> dump lock
:)error reading lock address 0x00000 of part ATMEGA32
:)read operation not supported on memory type "lock"
:)avrdude>
:)
:)3.) If I try to programme the flash (avrdude -pm32 -cavr910 -Pcom2 -i
:)file.hex -fi) avrdude displays the wrong signature (0x02951e) starts to
programm
:)and quits with mismatch errors. The Byte younter is not running like with the
:)stk200 programmer. The verification in terminal mode shows an empty flash.
:)
:)My PC runs under Windows 2000.
:)
:)Does somebody need further input on this?

Hmmmm, I'm beginning to wonder if the is something strange going on with the
mega32. I've been helping someone with uisp problems trying to get a mega32
programmed using a par-port dongle and direct io.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that there is something we need to
tweak to handle the mega32. I may need to order me a few of those to see
what's up...

Ted Roth