RE: [avrdude-dev] Verify errors,

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] Verify errors,
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:47:20 +1200

> > Today I've
> > set the min delay to 18000 and the max to 32000 and see
> how it goes. so far I've had 6 good writes!
> Good news so far! Let us know if this seems like it might
> be the magic bullet.
>
> I'd also like to know exactly where you changed these
> settings and if anybody has any suggestions on changing
> these settings programmatically with the Win32 API that
> would be great!

Well I too increased the flash write times to 18000 and 32000 and it seemed
to be much more reliable although not 100%. I found that if I toggled the
values back they would fail and then when I wound them out again it would
mostly work fine.

I then decided to try uisp so I downloaded the code and built it ok and got
it to run. It seemed to work most of the time but gave the odd verify error
every now and again. Maybe 1 in 10 tries.

Maybe it is just a Win2K bug or it is doing something with the system
checking for plug-n-play stuff being connected to the LPT port.

Cheers

Alex

PS I notice that when I reply to message from the list the TO: field seems
to be the author and not the list. I guess some of my posts are simply going
to the author of the prior poster and not the list. Is this configurable
behaviour of my subscription?