RE: [avrdude-dev] Verify errors,

From: Daniel Williamson
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] Verify errors,
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:35:31 +0100

Well with the larger time out values in the avrdude conf file I've now
programmed 22 times without a single error.

It would be easy to assume a problem with the printer port, or driver
software, though I would imacine that it is just being bit banged using a
direct access control.

So, is Win 2k interrupting this (a bit naughty since I imaginge the resource
is reserved when avrdude runs.)

Oh, no it isn't I hear you cry and, after a quick test, it isn't!

I can run avr dude to program a chip, then run pony prog and tell that to
program as well! argg!

I guess giveio accesses memory directly and doesn't use the API or tell
windows that the port is in use.
I do however have legasy plug and play detection turned off in the settings
for the printer port, but who knows what else windows might do?

The other option is that the way the timing is done isn't accurate. Or the
way timing is done varies between machines (Perhaps a difference in a DLL or
in the OS?

erm, just as a note it would appear that in doing the above I also messed up
the fuse settings. Fortunatley it was still running off the internal
oscillator and so I could reprogram them without having to do anything
drastic like inject a clock signal or stick in an RC oscillator.

Dan.