Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: WinAVR

From: Galen Seitz
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: WinAVR
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:05:28 -0700

Brian Dean <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK, well, feeling a little dangerous, I just set the SCK period down
> to 1.1 us - the fastest allowed, and that dropped the read time down
> to 27 seconds - much more appetizing.  Is it safe to do this?  I did
> do a program and verify and it checked out OK.

As long as the internal clock frequency of the target AVR is greater or
equal to four times the SCK frequency, I think you should be okay.  I
ran into SCK frequency problems on my initial programming attempts with
the mega48.  The internal oscillator of the mega48 runs at 8 MHz, but the
clk divide by 8 fuse defaults to on.  Thus I have to set the SCK period
to >= 4 us for unprogrammed parts.

galen