Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: AT90PWM316 support

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: AT90PWM316 support
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:54:03 -0700

On Dec 9, 2007 3:25 PM, Weddington, Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
> > To create an AT90PWM316 configuration, I copied the AT90PWM3B
> > configuration, replaced the flash section with the section from the
> > ATmega16, and changed the signature to 1e 94 83. So far, this works
> > for me.
>
> Cool. :-) Can you work up a patch and submit?

I could, but it's a bit of a hack.  =)  I was hoping that the avrdude
part descriptions were somehow generated from the Atmel XML
description files, which would probably be more accurate than me
playing Dr. Frankenstein with the AT90PWM3B and ATmega16 parts. How
are the avrdude part descriptions usually generated?

Cheers,
Shaun