[avrdude-dev] [bug #29743] Can program xmega128a1 using with programmer

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #29743] Can program xmega128a1 using with programmer avrisp2 via pdi
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:44:04 +0000

Update of bug #29743 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #10:

Well, the log says that the AVRISPmkII complains about a
collision on the programming lines.  This smells like a
hardware issue of some kind, or maybe a firmware issue.

(Btw., the stderr from avrdude .... -vvvv would have
sufficed, rather than the dtruss logs.)

Anyway, given this reports dates back more than 2 years now, and with
all the recent AVRDUDE bugfixes and improvements for Xmega devices,
and given that I've been using the AVRISPmkII routinely as part of
testing all this, I'd kindly ask you to test everything again:

. using a recent AVRISPmkII firmware (recent AVR Studio 4.x is fine,
  5.x not strictly needed)

. using a current AVRDUDE version (from SVN)

If you cannot use the SVN version directly, just tell me, and I'll
roll a beta tarball, and upload it to savannah.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?29743>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/