[avrdude-dev] [bug #48131] Problem with EEprom address of avrdude for di

From: Karl-Heinz Kuebbeler
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #48131] Problem with EEprom address of avrdude for different processors!
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 18:06:40 +0000 (UTC)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: kh_kuebbeler
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I have found out, that the address of EEprom load with the stk500v1 protocol
is send as word address for the target ATmega328 and as a byte address for the
target ATmega8.
I have build a bootloader from the optiboot source in assembly language with
additional EEprom support, which match in a 512 byte page.
If I handle the transmitted address different for the ATmega328 and
the ATmega8, all works well. For the ATmega328 I must multiply the
transmitted address by 2.
The problem is already reported at
https://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/398978 in german language. Joerg Wunsch
has this information already.
I can handle the different address type in my bootloader version,
if I know, which processors use the byte address (mega8, mega16, mega32, ...).
But what is with other transfer programs as avrdude?
The AVR061 from Atmel does not specify the address type of the
Cmnd_STK_LOAD_ADDRESS command.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?48131>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/