[bug #55884] ft232r communication fails on programmed part if miso line

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [bug #55884] ft232r communication fails on programmed part if miso line toggles
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 17:34:37 -0500 (EST)

Update of bug #55884 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #1:

Well, I tried to reproduce the problem. I wrote a firmware that toggles MOSI
each 100 µs (on an ATmega16 but I don't think that matters much). I can
connect to the target without any problems using both, the ft232r as well as
the ft245r programmer.

When adding your suggested patch, the ft232r programmer still works, but the
ft245r programmer breaks, and cannot connect anymore.

So seems we need some more analysis.

Can you upload a (simplified) firmware that triggers the bug, together with
the avrdude commandline used?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?55884>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/