[patch #10154] Update to serial code management for custom connection pa

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [patch #10154] Update to serial code management for custom connection parameters
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 17:10:46 -0500 (EST)

Update of patch #10154 (project avrdude):

Follow-up Comment #1:

I wonder whether we could get around those

pinfo.serialinfo.cflags = SERIAL_DEFAULT_FLAGS;

everywhere.

Couldn't we just leave that as 0 (implied by zeroing out the pgm struct
initially), and then, in the serial drivers, handle 0 as the classic "raw"
mode flags ("8N1")?

What alternate cflags settings does SerialUPDI require?

wAVR also wants to make the timeouts more flexible (since network timeouts can
easily exceed 100 ms), maybe we need a kind of architectural overhaul for all
of this.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?10154>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/