Re: [bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur

From: Hans Eirik Bull
Subject: Re: [bug #60575] Permission denied on macOS Big Sur
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 21:35:03 +0100

I tried to clean and rebuild the entire thing, but this time running env
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/Cellar CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include ./configure before
make all. Brew installs everything in /usr/local/Cellar.

I also used the avrdude.conf file from the SVN version:
/Users/hans/Downloads/SVN/avrdude/avrdude -Cavrdude.conf -vvv -patmega4808
-cxplainedmini_updi -Pusb

Here's the output from the dtruss. It's so long I pasted everything on Gist
instead of having it in an email:
https://gist.github.com/MCUdude/4033c4cfdad2078845820d538e9d08f0
<https://gist.github.com/MCUdude/4033c4cfdad2078845820d538e9d08f0>

BTW I don't own an Xplained Mini with an ATmega4808 soldered. I'm using a DIY
Xplained Mini UPDI running on an Arduino Pro Micro. It's surprisingly reliable
and stable!
The downside is that the firmware is not open source, and it only supports
16-bit addressing. https://github.com/MCUdude/microUPDI
<https://github.com/MCUdude/microUPDI>

Hans