[Axiom-developer] debugsys absolute pathnames

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] debugsys absolute pathnames
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:21:57 -0500

Bertfried Fauser wrote:

> Error: Cannot open the file /home/axiomgnu/new/int/interp/sys-pkg.lisp.

After much headscratching I finally figured out what the problem was.
David's message was quite clear but I was suffering from "familiarity
blindness". I couldn't see why debugsys wouldn't compile. After all
it worked fine for me every time. I've tried hard to keep pathnames
out of the game but sometimes I can't see them even when I'm looking
at them. Sorry about that.

Debugsys is a new image that was never created before. It basically
loads all of the system as interpreted lisp code. It is useful if
you have to trace a bug all the way down to the last expression
which is what I'm doing at the moment. It is optional and should be
commented out of the build as I'm the only one who is likely to be
chasing bugs in such detail.