RE: [Axiom-developer] GCL version

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] GCL version
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 21:24:47 -0500

Tim,

Am I missing something basic? This is Lisp, right? I am
not a Lisp programmer, but shouldn't it be relatively
easy to start by defining some new symbol, say

  in-package-original

as identical to the GCL 2.5 in-package. And then
redefine the symbol in-package that we need for Axiom
as just

 (def in-package
   (make-package 'foo)
   (in-package-original 'foo)
 )
 (system-savesystem "lisp")

or whatever ...

After saving the resulting Lisp image we use it
instead of "native" GCL 2.5.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about...

Good luck with the bug chasing!

Cheers,
Bill.