Re: [Axiom-developer] First (quick & dirty) port of Axiom to gcl-2.5.2

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] First (quick & dirty) port of Axiom to gcl-2.5.2 and powerpc architecture
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 12:35:30 -0400

re: OLD_IN_PACKAGE variable

I'm going to put this into the Makefile.pamphlet

The design philosophy is that the Makefiles should know everything
and encode all of the steps of the make. The end user should not
need to know about setting shell variables.

The GCLVERSION variable is now a noweb chunk so the change only
needs to happen at one place and is expanded correctly everywhere.

I notice that you changed :USE to :use? Is this required? Common
Lisp isn't case-sensitive (or hasn't been).

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden