[Axiom-developer] Sets in MonoidRing

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Sets in MonoidRing
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:25:55 -0400

> Here's a somewhat simpler example that fails.
>
> ----
>
> pgr := MonoidRing(Polynomial PrimeField 5, Permutation Integer)
> p:pgr := 1
> q:pgr := 1
> set [p,q]
>
> ----
>
> So it seems that some of the set properties of the domain
>
>   Set MonoidRing(Polynomial PrimeField 5, Permutation Integer)
>
> fail somehow.

Very interesting. This is indeed a bug.

An interesting data point is that the downloadable version is
using algebra code that was compiled with the NAG image. That
means that the generated code.lsp files should all correctly
represent the associated algebra. So the problem does not
appear to be in the algebra code which would normally be
the first place to look. Once we've eliminated the algebra
code the problem must either be in the axiom interpreter or
the underlying lisp.

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden