Re: [Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 05:23:19 -0400

Camm,

re: debian package.

The algebra code has 5 files which will not yet compile properly
(due to mismaintained INTERP.EXPOSED). I'm working to solve this
problem which has yet another subtle catch-22. I should have it
done shortly and then there will be a "build from scratch"
version on savannah.

Of course, we have to run tests against it, etc.

You're welcome to build a debian package if you'd like.
We also have to discuss how we plan to support things like
apt and rpm files. I believe debian keeps them on their site
but we need to figure out how to keep binaries on the main
axiom site. Methinks Bill Page has already figured this out
so he's "the expert" :-)