Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: dependency visualization with VCG

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: dependency visualization with VCG
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:33:04 -0400

Bill Sit,

The linear order exists and is documented in the file
src/algebra/Lattice.pamphlet. The compiler will tell
you all of the dependencies at compile time. The subtle
part is to find the bootstrap set since, in the beginning,
nothing will compile. That's part of what took so long.
The other part is that computing the correct location in
the lattice for all 1100 categories, domains, and packages
was tedious and time consuming. But it's done.

I believe the lattice can be further optimized but that's
just an academic exercise. The reason the lattice has to
exist in any form is that you need to compile from scratch.
Once that happens the lattice is worthless.

I'd like to see it graphed just so I can stare at the beast
that ate 8 months of my life.

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden