[Axiom-developer] On website and porting and other points

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] On website and porting and other points
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 16:04:07 +0200

Hello Tim,

I have several issues with email currently. It appears that my french
ISP Wanadoo takes several hours or days to transfer emails. :(

To respond to several posts you have made on axiom-developer:

 - website: I wanted to know if you agree to change the website. I
   cannot guarantee to change it soon but I'll have a look at it as time
   permits

 - MacOS X porting: there has been a lot of improvments on GCL side for
   MacOS X recently. Look at gcl-devel mailing-list archive. Latest GCL
   on CVS (2.5.4 and later) should have improved MacOS X support.

 - ok for the cutoff date (*yearweek*). But I still believe that the
   date should depend on the _sources_ and not the compilation time. I
   have not checked in current CVS however I haven't any patch to
   propose.

 - regarding dependencies on Xlib.h: I think you should _not_ include in
   CVS the .rpm (or .deb or whatever) package. Or then you will fill
   savannah with Mandrake, SuSE, RedHat, Slackware, ... packages. The
   right fix is to tell in the doc the dependency on Xlib.h (this is
   already the case in the FAQ) and, for more easier compilation, tell
   needed packages on a given distribution (this is already the case for
   Debian in the FAQ).

 - we need to add a README in top level directory

I swear, next time, I'll be more constructive. :)

Yours,
d.
--
 address@hidden