RE: [Axiom-developer] Upper and lower case problems

From: Weiss, Juergen
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Upper and lower case problems
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 18:55:04 +0200

I think AXIOM should not change the case of filenames. The
filenames in the distribution should be choosen in a way,
that we do not get conflicts on platforms which do not
distinguish case. If needed (I doubt it) there should be
a function to compare filenames for equality which
obeys to the convention of the operating system. Maybe
there is even a function in the common lisp standard
doing that.

Right now the filenames are downcased in the
build process (build-interpsys), because the makefile
gives a lisp list of filenames to the lisp system
as SYMBOLS, not as STRINGS. Here case is lost. This
should be fixed. Just use $(patsubst %, "%", $(FILELIST))
in gnu make.

Juergen

Juergen Weiss     | Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
address@hidden| 55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX:
+49(6131)39-26407