RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom book (partially) available?

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom book (partially) available?
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:01:01 -0400

David,

Yes, I am very much aware of the copyright issue since
that is directly related to the work I do (electronic
publishing and databases for defence). NAG is named in
the front piece of the book as the holder of the copyright -
odd perhaps, since often it is the publisher, Spriner-Verlag.
I look forward to receiving approval from NAG to make a
scanned version of the book available online.

In the mean time, it seems to me that the usual "fair use"
practices would permit me to at least distribute some
parts (how much??) of the book to members of the Axiom
developer and user groups. After all this is (largely) a
research project.

Perhaps there is not yet such a thing as a "free world",
but I am optimistic that it is getting "freer" (as in
freedom, not free beer ... <grin> )

Cheers,
Bill Page.