[Axiom-developer] Re: Scanned image of book

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Scanned image of book
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:31:23 +0100

Tim,

We own the copyright but there is also a question of Springer's rights
to the printed version.  I'm no lawyer but it appears that the book is
still in print in the US so you could be treading on thin ice by
publishing a scanned version on the web.  My advice would be not to do
it.

In any case it seems crazy to go down this route when you could just
make a pdf from the (more up-to-date than published) TeX sources that
you have.  In principle all that you need to do is go to the
development/src/doc/htex directory and run `latex book', however the
version of LaTeX that you really need is a 12 year old IBM installation
so you will have some font and style file issues I'm afraid. There are
some fonts in the doc/dvips directory which may help.

Cheers, Mike.

http://www.star.net.uk