[Axiom-developer] Mark Botch

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Mark Botch
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:14:47 -0500

Bill,

Guffaw. I owe you. One of my old areas of expertise is memory
management and I spent quite a while talking to Bill Schelter
about akcl garbage collection. One of the phases of garbage
collection is called the "mark" phase where you mark all of
the "live" objects (then you collect the dead objects and
reclaim memory). The error message is "mark botch". I got it
so often that I adopted the pseudonym of "Mark Botch" when
writing to Bill.

Clearly the garbage collector is unhappy. I'll look at the
code and see if I can figure out why.

Tim "Mark Botch" Daly