[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom and Gentoo

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom and Gentoo
Date: 24 Nov 2003 16:51:15 +0100

Tim Daly writes:

 > Where can I find Gentoo ISO images?

This document contains all the information you need

    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-install.xml

including a link to the download mirrors. You can download
the "Gentoo Live CD", for instance, to boot a machine into
Gentoo from the CDROM without installing it.

Note, though, that the problems I had with building Axiom
are related to a very special installation, which uses PaX
and the hardened-gcc. Normal Gentoo systems won't have these
and thus won't reproduce the problems I have had. More
information about that topic is available at:

    http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/

HTH,

Peter