[Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl 2.6.2

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] gcl 2.6.2
Date: 14 Apr 2004 09:35:36 -0400

Greetings!

root <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm,
>
> FYI, Axiom's latest CVS does a build on the latest 2.6.2 (actually listed
> as gcl-2.6.2a due to incompatible changes with the previous 2.6.2). This
> has your memory balancing code as well as the patches you submitted for
> util.lisp.

Great!  Please accept my apologies for the version numbering confusion
-- we haven't released 2.6.2 yet, so what you have is a release
candidate which should be numbered 2.6.1 in the splash.

> I've been working on getting the collectfn performance changes built
> into the makefiles. Axiom will now, by default, generate the .fn files
> (the gcl_collectfn and sys-proclaims.lisp files are loaded by default)
> when compiles are done in the image. There are still some issues due
> to package-naming that I need to resolve before I can upload these
> changes.

So you are making sys-proclaims.lisp from the .fn in a separate step?
Probably a good idea.  The .fn files appear to be directly loaded in
some manner on recompile in any case, although I still haven't found
out where in the compiler source.  There is also a lot more
information being collected than would appear necessary for the
sys-proclaims.  I'll look into this some more.  From my current
understanding, my recommendation would be to load all the
sys-proclaims.lisp files from each layer into the interpsys, dump a
new interpsys, and recompile.

Take care,