[Axiom-developer] Re: 404 http://axiom.tenkan.org/axiom.20040321.tgz]

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: 404 http://axiom.tenkan.org/axiom.20040321.tgz]
Date: 20 Apr 2004 16:57:16 -0400

Greetings!

root <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael,
>
> Also new in this version you'll find the current book.dvi in
> mnt/linux/doc/book.dvi

This is great!!  Congratulations!  At some point we might even be able
to get color postscript :-).

I'm getting ready to put out another Debian package.  There are a few
very minor outstanding issues:

1) All non-elf/non-script files in mnt/linux must not be executable
   according to Debian policy.  I have an ever-shrinking list which I
   chmod -x explicitly at present.

2) Hardlinks notangle.1 nountangle.1 must be symlinks according to
   Debian policy.

3) I'm adding the Rosetta .tex file and its corresponding .dvi per a
   user request.

4) I'm adding the axiom tutorial found elsewhere on the web to satisfy
   a user request.

5) There are a variety of files which have standard places on a Debian
   system which have yet to be moved there and linked to their
   location in the axiom tree under /usr/lib.  E.g. docs go under
   /usr/share/doc, manpages under /usr/share/man

6) I'd like to include the output of dvipdfm on the book.dvi.  I'm
   also wondering if the documentation can be readily converted into
   info and/or html format by existing tools.

7) As earlier stated, this next package will have an AXIOMsys symlink
   in /usr/bin.

Take care,