Re: [Axiom-developer] creating high quality pdf files

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] creating high quality pdf files
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 19:06:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 May 2004, David MENTRE wrote:

Dear David,

> >     The relevat part for teh AXIOM book is the one which gives the
> > options to the p2pdf command, so that good 1.3 fonts (thumbnails etc) are
> > created. pdfs created this way look quite good.
>
> My own opinion on this is that substituing latex by pdflatex does the
> job. Is the PDF version of the Axiom Book I have made of less quality
> that you were expected (appart of graphics, of course ;)?

I had problems to use pdflatex with more advanced tex files (eg using
pstricks) so I had to use a different approch. Since on this group ps2pdf
was mentioned, it was just a point to make that one can give there
arguments so that 1.3 fonts are used and tumbnails are produced etc. Of
course, more advanced features of pdf can be incorporated only by
pdflatex, but see above
        I was not arguaing against your pdf file anyway.
ciao
BF.

% PD Dr Bertfried Fauser
%       Institution: Max Planck Institut for Mathematics Leipzig
<http://www.mis.mpg.de>
%       Privat Docent: University of Konstanz, Physics Dept
<http://www.uni-konstanz.de>
% contact |->    URL : http://clifford.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~fauser/
%             E-Mail : address@hidden (address@hidden)
%              Phone : Leipzig +49 341 9959 735  Konstanz +49 7531 693491