Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom Book

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom Book
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 11:52:34 +0200

C Y <address@hidden> writes:

> I have uploaded a hacked up version of book.pamphlet and the pdf
> created here:
>
> http://garnetlisp.sf.net/axiom/book.pamphlet
> http://garnetlisp.sf.net/axiom/book.pdf

Very nice work. I haven't read the whole book but the few pages I've
looked at are very nice. And the first page is rendererd well this time!
:)

Looking at table of content, I find numbering starting at 0 strange (for
a book ;). Tim, is it you who have introduced following latex code?

  \pseudoChapter{Introduction to Axiom}

If it's you, what is the rationale? I suppose you did not want to
disturb original book chapter numbering? Should we use a different
numbering style (roman?) or a different typesetting? (ok, I admit, it is
a rather minor point)

Regarding book content, I would propose to add:

 - a (sub)section on TeXmacs (in section 1.1) (starting an Axiom session
   in TeXmacs, pitfalls that users have encountered regarding multi-line
   input);

 - a section on electronic contacts (web sites, mailing-list, wikis,
   community, etc.);

 - an appendix on Axiom compilation (at least pointers on the source
   code part to look at in order to compile Axiom).

What do you think of it? I volunteer to write the first draft of them.

My 0.02 epsilons,
Yours,
david
--