RE: [Axiom-developer] LatexWiki image path names, Axiom library code and

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] LatexWiki image path names, Axiom library code and
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:52:15 -0400

Bob,

On Sunday, July 11, 2004 6:58 PM you wrote:

> One can create more than one LocalFS repository.  I would
> suggest a totally separate 'axiom' LocalFS directory for
> this.
>
> Having LatexWiki put all its images in one directory allows
> for caching. I.e. if two unrelated pages both have $x$, it
> only gets rendered once. Your proposals would have it
> rendered twice if the path was different.

Yes, I see your point. I hadn't thought about how LatexWiki
caches images based on the LaTeX code that generated them.
I agree that the repository of LaTeX generated images plays a
very different role than the files generated for Axiom. In fact
this sort of caching doesn't make sense for Axiom's output since
the relationship of an Axiom command to the LaTeX output it
generates is not fixed. A separate LocalFS directory and a
separate way of constructing file names makes sense.

Thanks.