[Axiom-developer] Re: your mail

From: Ed Pegg Jr
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: your mail
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:01:28 -0500

> I will also CC Ed Pegg, who is into math (as editor of Math Games at the
> MAA), and who has been a supporter of Quantian for a while -- and has
> contributed a very nice background image too. So everybody, meet Ed. He may
> have some thoughts on making Quantian a base for math endeavours.

My initial desire is a page or something that will allow a new user to
do something neat with each program.

The Axiom WIKI (what is the URL?) would be nice for that, since
experts in a particular area could add things to it.  For example --
Python ... here's a quick program ... here's how to run it ... here's
links to Python material.

Perhaps later, http://planetmath.org/ and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics  can have individual math
entries updated with short programs, with links to the appropriate
languages and Quantian  (which will be the program with everything).

Incidently, I can turn over quantian.org (currently a redirect) to
anyone, if that would be a good spot for a WIKI.  I have hosting
arranged at Eskimo.com

--Ed Pegg Jr