RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom web site

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom web site
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:16:11 -0400

David,

> > First, the web site is really Tim Daly's web site. In fact so far
> > he is funding the hosting of this site entirely out of his own
> > pocket. This is a situation that I think should be resolved in a
> > more equitable and "official" manner - perhaps through donations?
>
> Perhaps Tim should have made more publicity on it. I wasn't aware
> of the effort. Tim is probably more benevolent than dictator. :)

{I am trying hard to think of an "American joke" to add here that
wouldn't offend anyone, but I've failed ... ;} But I think you are
right!

> And probably adding a donation web page would be useful?

I have mentioned this a couple of times to Tim, but we have
not yet reached any conclusion. Do you know what would be
involved in setting up an "official" donation web page? (I am
programmed to expect some bureaucracy - even on the web...)

> > Second, I am not sure what being a "reference web site" entails.
>
> The first URL you should give is somebody is interested in Axiom.

Do you mean just the "homepage" link at

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/axiom

or somewhere else?