[Axiom-developer] axiom project homepage

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] axiom project homepage
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:10:32 +0200

Dear Bill, David, Tim, *,

the move is OK to me, here are some random comments of various (unordered!)
levels of significance:

* www.axiom-developer.org currently redirects to page.axiom-developer.org. I
  think it would be better to have it point to axiom.axiom-developer.org. One
  is more likely to remember www.axiom-developer.org than
  axiom.axiom-developer.org

* The wiki link on axiom.axiom-developer.org leads to
  page.axiom-developer.org. I think it would be wiser to make
  page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/FrontPage the main wiki site. To me,
  the material on page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone is highly unorganized,
  confusing and not inviting. Is there material on Plone that is missing on the
  mathaction site? If yes, please provide pointers. I volunteer to move it.
  (Please!)

* the new homepage states that CAISS is supporting Axiom now. In what sense?
  This looks like great news!

* Bill, you added two links to Tutorials to the FrontPage. May I move them to
  the Axiom Documentation page? I have the feeling that they really belong
  there and that it scatters the FrontPage a little -- it doesn't fit on one
  screenfull anymore now... Do you think that
  "Axiom documentation and community"
  is misleading, i.e. that you wouldn't look there, if you are looking for a
  tutorial? If this is the case, maybe we should rename it to
  "Axiom tutorials, documentation and community"

Martin