RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: sman

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: sman
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:14:26 -0500

On Wednesday, November 17, 2004 4:04 PM Camm Maguire wrote:

> 3) Can sman and/or graphics be invoked from within AXIOMsys,
> of must sman be the master process?  How does this interface
> with other frontends, eg. texmacs?

Apparently the Axiom graphics package can create postscript
output (although I have yet to find out how to access all
the controls without interfacing via the gui). There is a
stand alone viewer, but one has to first (usually interactively?)
create an external file using the gui controls.

Anyway, once you have a postscript file, both TeXmacs and
LatexWiki (MathAction) can present them to the user. This
is already done for gnuplot output under Reduce on MathAction
and in TeXmacs for gnuplot sessions. The interface to Axiom
will have to be extended for both systems to automatically
handle the internal file manipulation and process handling.

Cheers,