Re: [Axiom-developer] commit policy

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] commit policy
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:28:07 +0100

I would suggest that you write a simple bug report and a simple patch and send
both to savannah. The patch should contain the bug number. After submitting the
patch you get a patch number. Then you comment the bug with the patch number.

This way
* it is clear that there was a bug
* it is clear that it is fixed.
* if the patch causes problems, it is easy to detect this and unapply it. (each
  release should contain notes which patches have been applied)

I'm ready to be convinced otherwise,

Martin