[Axiom-developer] Re: commit policy

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: commit policy
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:49:22 -0500

Tim,

> i'm using the axiom--main--* branch to merge changes for testing
> before porting them to the savannah cvs so i'd prefer to receive
> changes as diffs.

This is what I expected. Thank you for the details.

> Note that the branches are tagged to particular axiom--main builds.
> Thus if you send me a patch for src/interp/foo.pamphlet and I merge
> it into axiom--main--1 you will NOT see the change appear in, say,
> axiom--language--1. That is because axiom--language--1 is tagged to
> axiom--main--1--patch-9. Your new change will appear after patch-9.
> So if you also want the patch in axiom--language--1 you'll need to
> apply it there.

Yes, I understand the route one must take to keep one branch in sync
with another. I feel that `tracking' main as much as possible will
aid a merge down the road.

I'm in a rush at the moment. I'll send the afore mentioned patch later
on today.

Thanks again,
Steve