[Axiom-developer] RE: Running Axiom in Texmacs for Windows (was: [Texmac

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Running Axiom in Texmacs for Windows (was: [Texmacs-dev] Plug ins)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:52:20 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Page, Bill wrote:
> But despite a year of quite good progress with both
> TeXmacs and Axiom, I notice that we still have a serious
> problem with TeXmacs inability to fold Axiom's sometimes
> rather long LaTeX output. We do have a solution written
> many years ago by Robert Sutor in the form a C program
> filter. I originally modified the Texmacs-Axiom interface
> program to include this filter and the result was that
> TeXmacs could then do a very good job of reproducing the
> examples in the Axiom book and tutorials. Unfortunately
> the developers of TeXmacs decided not to accept this
> revised interface program for the TeXmacs distribution.

The point is that we feel that the formula breaking code should
rather be improved in TeXmacs itself, so as to benefit to all
plug-ins at the same time. Of course, you may do things manually
by yourself for each plug-in, but should not forget to remove
this code when TeXmacs will do things better.

Best wishes, Joris