RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom for Windows and TeXmacs

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom for Windows and TeXmacs
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 05:30:15 -0500

Tim.

On Monday, December 06, 2004 9:51 PM you asked:

>> I think that it is interesting to see from the MathAction web
>> stats that in just 5 days, the new Windows version of Axiom
>> has already by downloaded more that 125 times!
>
> who are these people?! :-). Frankly, i'm amazed.

Athough it does not directly answer your question, I think
the graph and the table here:

http://page.axiom-developer.org/usage/usage_200412.html#TOPCTRYS

which shows the breakdown of MathAction users by country is
quite interesting. For example it shows that the web site has
been accessed by people from at least 37 different countries
from the period Dec 1 to Dec 7. Last month (Nov) is was only
19 countries but 46 countries in October.

Of those countries so far this month, the majority of hits
from recognizable ip addresses are from the US commericial
category. It is also the next highest in total number of
kilobytes downloaded except for Italy (which is double at 18%).
Surprizingly perhaps US Educational is still quite low,
accounting for only 2% of the bandwidth. But compared to
numbers in previous months, it is increasing.

Of course one should take these statistics with a "pound
of caution" since they do not clearly separate out accesses
by search engines and other agressive agents on the web.