RE: [Axiom-developer] Compile errors on Axiom 2004-11-15

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Compile errors on Axiom 2004-11-15
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:58:55 -0500

On Saturday, December 18, 2004 11:54 AM Meino Christian Cramer
wrote:

> xiom is installed by axiom under /usr/bin/. after giving finally the
> command
>
>               make INSTALL=/usr/axiom COMMAND=/usr/bin/xiom install
>
> as described in the README.

Ahhh, I see. I have never done this before. I usually do the final
installation manually since that is how we used to have to do it.
This install thing was recently added. I have to admit that I also
have never read the README :) ...

> A command "sman" does not exist (neither in the executable path nor
> under /usr/axiom/. and below.
>
> What is going wrong here ?

Perhaps the make INSTALL is not copying the sman program.
Check in your original build location in the directory

  .../mnt/linux/bin

You should be able to run it from there and/or copy sman
to your install directory.

Cheers,