[Axiom-developer] Re: line wrapping diffs from MathAction

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: line wrapping diffs from MathAction
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:27:40 -0800

Page, Bill address@hidden wrote:
> I agree. What I had in mind would apply only to the emails
> generated as diffs. After I thought about this a little
> more, I realize that you may be right to imply that doing
> this folding in a naive manner on text with a complex
> format might well mangle some things badly. On the other
> hand, the un-rendered wiki text itself is quite simple in
> format (by design) so in most cases folding this (or diffs
> of this) should not make things too unreable - especially
> if I try to maintain the indent level if it is structured
> text. Don't you think?

I honestly don't remember now how to trigger the email mangling...

It is only in the cycle mailin->mailout that the format must be
preserved (e.g. it was sent by a mailer it must be formatted correctly
as an email so let's not mess with it).  Do with you will with
wiki-generated content.

The problem is that the code does not have a way (currently) of
differentiating the source of the content to be mailed out, and was
line-wrapping whatever it saw, whether email/diff/new page etc.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the
    votes." -- Joseph Stalin