RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: windows/linux coherency

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: windows/linux coherency
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:22:46 -0500

On Tuesday, December 21, 2004 9:15 AM C Y wrote:

> > A deb package for Debian and an .ebuild for Gentoo
> > would be also  useful.
>
> I can take a stab at an ebuild, but it might be a bit of a
> long process given Axiom's odd build system.

If you focus on a binary only install then for the most
part you don't have to worry about the build. All you have
to do is get the contents of the mnt/linux directory stuffed
into the right corners of that particular system.

> I've been meaning to take a stab at installing Axiom
> anyway, and (knock on wood) my system updates are almost
. done.

> > As a Linux sysadmin, I'd at no circumstances install
> > something using some funny "installer" on my rpm-based
> system, or on Debian, or Gentoo.
>
> Agreed.

Still sounds overly cautious to me. That is exactly the
same attitude I get from my Windows server sysadmins. We
are talking about linux after all, what is there to screw
up on a linux system that you can't fix. :)