Re: [Axiom-developer] uffi

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] uffi
Date: 08 Jan 2005 13:20:29 -0500

Greetings!  GCL does have socket support, but not 'uffi' (Universal
Foreign Function Interface), yet.  The latter is a proposal outside
the ANSI standard to uniformize the syntax of accessing any external
code from within lisp.  GCL has a means of doing this too, but it
differs in syntax from this proposal.

The socket support is known to work in the rudimentary testing I've
done, but I'm sure it could benefit from heavier use and user
feedback.  We've already discussed a number of extensions, e.g. select
multitasking, and an existing project like axiom needing same would be
all I'd need to move it to a higher priority.

Take care,