RE: [Axiom-developer] documenting changes

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] documenting changes
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:57:17 +1000

Hi Tim.

I should offer some explanation and reassurance - I do, after all, admire
your boundless energy and the great work you have done with Axiom.  In
particular, I can assure you that I support your ideas on documentation
completely.

| I'm in the process of trying to merge the axiom--windows--1 branch
| with the axiom--main--1 branch.

Thanks, we all appreciate it.

| There are dozens of files with changes and no documentation.
| It is painfully obvious that the message isn't getting out.

Actually your message did get through but we are both victims of
circumstances most of the details of which I will spare you.

Briefly, the issues for me are time, and an almost complete failure to use
'arch' on Windows, either to download OR to upload Axiom.  If I resolve
those issues I promise to go back over the modifications and help out with
documentation.  Meanwhile, I hope that the premature upload of the Windows
source code will pay off by allowing everyone else to get to work and to
bring a great program to the masses.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.