Re: [Axiom-developer] [MutualRecursion] (new)

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [MutualRecursion] (new)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:51:47 -0500

Peter Broadbery wrote:

> > I can not give a simple example right now but I suspect that
> > this happens very frequently in Axiom's algebra.
> >

> All over - try OutputForm as an example.

Yes, that is probably (that is, not yet investigated) the cause for the oneliner
stack overflow crash (wonder if it would also cause Aldor to have a stack
overflow):

print(anydomain::OutputForm)

such as

print(Integer()::OutputForm)

and more reasonably (actual code for debugging, say):

print(typeOf(1)::OutputForm)

This seems to be mutual recursion with no end, thus stack overflow.

William